Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

millermatic 211 or 212 or 252

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by ja baudin View Post
    If you use a push pull gun, your machine will be dedicated to aluminum only. To weld steel you will have to remove the push pull, switch drive rollers, and switch the spool of wire in the cabinet of the welder to steel. If you use a spool gun, your machine can weld both steel and aluminum. Example, pick up the spoolgun and weld aluminum or pick up the mig gun and weld steel. No switching anything. That may be a big factor for you to consider if this is your only machine and using if for both. It's called "gun on demand" capability. Ja
    It is true that it is a bit more trouble to switch to the push-pull...

    BUT in either case you will still need to change gasses and purge lines... even with "gun on demand"...

    the Alumapro push pull is only worthwhile if you are going to push a lot of aliuminum at a time... the 30A is great for small repairs.. where the 1 pound limit on spools is not a hinderence...

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by H80N View Post
      It is true that it is a bit more trouble to switch to the push-pull...

      BUT in either case you will still need to change gasses and purge lines... even with "gun on demand"...

      the Alumapro push pull is only worthwhile if you are going to push a lot of aliuminum at a time... the 30A is great for small repairs.. where the 1 pound limit on spools is not a hinderence...
      Clarification: With gun on demand, if you have two bottles and two regulators on the back of the machine, you don't have to switch back and forth between separate gas cylinders. Just turn the one on you need. Not hating on you H8ON, just making sure the op gets a better idea on how the set up works.
      Last edited by ja baudin; 08-07-2013, 12:40 PM.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by ja baudin View Post
        Clarification: With gun on demand, if you have two bottles and two regulators on the back of the machine, you don't have to switch back and forth between separate gas cylinders. Just turn them off and on. Not hating on you H8ON, just making sure the op gets a better idea on how the set up works.
        No... clarity is a good thing...

        had not even thought about the two bottle rack... my MM350P has the single rack... guess I got a mental lock on that mindset..

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by H80N View Post
          No... clarity is a good thing...

          had not even thought about the two bottle rack... my MM350P has the single rack... guess I got a mental lock on that mindset..
          Yeh, mine was the same way. I fab'd an extension of the bottle rack and the cylinders piggy back each other instead of side by side. Thanks, Ja

          Comment


          • #65
            Ok I was asking because there is one on EBay (xr-30 version) push pull but I think for my occasional aluminum needs the 30A will suffice

            Comment


            • #66
              millermatic 211 or 212 or 252

              You can convert it to a spool gun by buying the canister

              Comment

              Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.