wanted one for 20 yrs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted one for 20 yrs

Finally got my mustang.. 5.0 5 speed... gota good deal on it and it needs very little work
    Attached Files

My kid just sold a similar looking one but it went to eastern Pa. I am going to miss driving it around...Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

I have wanted one since i was a kid.. but i always needed a truck. Now i can have both.. so its my weekend cruizer

Comment

wanted one for 20 yrs

That thing will turn out cherry. My mom had one like that when I was a teenager. She used to scare the crap outta me. Had no idea how powerful it was. Sweet ride, hope you have fun with the Mustang Makeover.

Comment

It doesnt really need anything but put the new parts on from where the previous owners son rear ended someone... and a good service, tires...ect. it was a 1984.5 svo. Which was a turbo charged 4cyl. Alot has been changed over on it.

Comment

Another pic
            Attached Files

Comment

wanted one for 20 yrs

You gonna try and keep it stock or you gonna change a lot to it after you get it goin?

Comment

Its already been changed from stock.. the front end, interior, top, and drive train are from a 93 5.0

Comment

wanted one for 20 yrs

Headers and pipe?? Bet you could find someone to fab you up some of them pretty cheap. Lol
                  How bout some custom leather seats?
                  http://www.leatherseats.com/Mustang_leather_kit.asp

Comment

Nice car. I had a '67 fastback auto with 289 cu. in. I found it to be a nice handling car. I have always liked the smaller V-8's IMO they handle better. I was always more concerned with getting around a curve rather than just getting to the tree on the roadside really fast. Besides that I couldn't and still can't afford the gas. Also had a '72 GT-37 Pontiac auto with 400 cu. in. I could pass anything but a gas station. Enjoy.---Meltedmetal

Comment

I bought a 1966 in 1968, it was a fun car to drive even though it was a six with three on the floor. I was in the service at the time so the six cylinder stick was a plus. I wouldn't mind having another one. Have fun Weldon, get er polished up so you take your ladies out in it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5vGZN9aVjU

Comment

I have part of that combo - the 5.0L but I put in into a different package.

a '99 Miata

Roger Troue

Retired since 2004

Miller 211
                        Miller 200 Syncro
                        Miller 375 Extreme

Comment

Originally posted by Meltedmetal:308585
                          Nice car. I had a '67 fastback auto with 289 cu. in. I found it to be a nice handling car. I have always liked the smaller V-8's IMO they handle better. I was always more concerned with getting around a curve rather than just getting to the tree on the roadside really fast. Besides that I couldn't and still can't afford the gas. Also had a '72 GT-37 Pontiac auto with 400 cu. in. I could pass anything but a gas station. Enjoy.---Meltedmetal
                          Yeah its not bad on gas at all..on its worst day it probly gets a lil more than double the milage than both of those got on their best. With it being a 5 spd, very light compared to a 60's or 70's stang, fuel injected, and a big plus for fuel milage.. it has 353 gears. Either way its gotta be way better than any of my trucks on fuel. Only downside is the insurance is a lil higher being a convertible muscle car

Comment

Mustang...

Kinda of a shame that in SVO was turned into a 5.0. The svo's were very rare cars. Look at my screenname, any guess where it came from? For the record I have had 3 5.0 all gt 5 speeds. 2 of them were 10.8 cars. Hopefully the conversion was done the harness was installed well. We have converded a few 4 cylinder cars to 5 speed 5.0 cars. Takes about a weekend. 5.0 is an excallant drag car, cant beat a short wheel based, factory 4 link car.
                            Kevin
                            Lincoln ranger 305g x2
                            Ln25
                            Miller spectrum 625
                            Miller 30a spoolgun
                            Wc115a
                            Lincoln 210mp
                            F550 imt service truck

Comment

Originally posted by Tryagn5:308620
                              Kinda of a shame that in SVO was turned into a 5.0. The svo's were very rare cars. Look at my screenname, any guess where it came from? For the record I have had 3 5.0 all gt 5 speeds. 2 of them were 10.8 cars. Hopefully the conversion was done the harness was installed well. We have converded a few 4 cylinder cars to 5 speed 5.0 cars. Takes about a weekend. 5.0 is an excallant drag car, cant beat a short wheel based, factory 4 link car.
                              Kevin
                              Yep... previous owner didnt realize how rare of a car it was before he ripped the 4 banger out. But he owns a huge auto salvage yard with new and used parts so the parts were very easy for him to come by. He had it as one of his show cars , all the work done to it is spectacular.. very sound car. It was actually very rare.. the 4th one made, a convertible and a anniversary edition so if it was still stock it would probly be worth alot but then i wouldnt want it cause its a 4 cyl...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X