Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forge is slowly coming along

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forge is slowly coming along

Got to use the dynabraid belt grinder to dress up inside holes, can't do that with my 4.5 mini grinders. Instead of buying a 3" pipe flange and bolting it on the cast iron drum for the wind pipe I chose Lincoln's dissimilar metal rod.... Specialty 3/32 Blue max 2100...good stuff. DC+ 40-70 amps or AC 50-80 amps.

Still need to weld the 4" sq to the 3" nipple welded on the brake drum and mount the fan. Then comes building the forge's body, hood and legs.

I can't believe how handy the belt grinder is, every welder needs to own one... they have every grade and grit for them. I use 60 grit, I bring things down with the mini grinders first so 60 works for me..

The little Canon SX500IS is an amazing camera, all I did was crop the pictures, flash wasn't needed. Every other camera I have owned always got the colors wrong in the shop because of the shop's florescent lighting...not the Canon.

Another feature I like is the flash doesn't automatically pop up, you have to help it up with your finger when flash is needed. I always hated when flash came on by itself...especially when shooting through glass or of something shiny.

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/cy...lideshow/Forge
Working...
X
Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.