Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

shop robbed over holiday weekend

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shop robbed over holiday weekend

This might be a long shot but it can't hurt to try. Sometime over the past weekend the shop I work at was broken into. Our shop welding rigs as well as our trailer rigs were taken. 5 Miller rigs total. Two Bobcat 250s and a Trailblazer "on separate trailer" we're stolen. Our shop is also missing a Millermatic 250 and a newer 252. One had a Tweco gun and the other a Bernard. Both of them were stocked fresh with fresh spools of E71t. They had the time to remove the gas rigs with our forklift and remove 700 lineal ft. of leads through a 4'x5' opening they cut. Like I said before not a bottle of shielding gas or torch kits were stolen. No grinders, mag drills or any other equipment missing. This hurts me as all my welding gear was once stolen from my personal shop in Ca. Please keep a look out if you live in Central Texas. The company name is Vaquero Const. In Belton Texas. Let me know ANYTHING if you see something similar. Sorry for the long post and thank you for any possible tip

Sorry to hear about that I live down here in Bryan we will be on the look out

Comment

I can't stand anyone who is too lazy and dishonest to work, so they steal from the people who have busted their tails to get what they have. I am too far south (between S.A. and Corpus) to help, but I hope they recover y'all's equipment and nail the guys who did it.

Comment

It's always someone you know which makes it all the more disgusting. I believe in caneings like people that break the law in Singapore get.

Comment

I too know the feeling. Check craigs list and pawn shops. Notify MILER with serial numbers of machines taken. Really sorry.

Comment

Sounds to me they stole it for the copper. Been having a problem with that where I live. People going into vacant houses over weekends with service trucks and cutting all the copper wire and sometimes plumbing. Check your local scrap yard too. Sad to say if they can help the machines were dismantled but at least the lil turds get caught.

Comment

People around here (Delaware) have been stealing equipment right out from peoples noses and shipping it to other country's. As soon as they get it.. it goes straight to a boat. They take anything from dump trucks, excavators, bobcats and whatever else they need where ever they take it... hopefully whoever stole your welders is local and they get caught, and when they do they deserve a lot more than a slap on the wrist like they get here.

Comment

There is not much worse than a thief.

I do not know how it might work but I often thought the different forums related to this type of stuff could be linked with a stolen category as all these seller paradises on the net have to be moving a lot of stolen goods.

Comment

Thanks to all who read this. I would love to have a meet and greet with the thief and give him a big Texas helping of justice. Hopefully they aren't stolen just for copper, that is just plain sad. Great equipment gone to some lazy soul who would never appreciate their worth to someone like us.

Comment

Call Miller, provide serial numbers. They keep a database of all Miller welders reported stolen from them, if it comes in for service or parts ordered for it it'll get flagged. Not sure what they do about it then.

I think Lincoln does the same with Lincoln machines.

Comment

Yes, Miller does flag the serial number as stolen as long as you report it to them. When someone checks the serial number on the machine, it will show up as stolen and then it will give you the contact info on which law enforcement agency to contact. I have actually found a few stolen machines that way.

Comment

Theft is a RAMPANT problem everywhere. Here in Reno, NV, copper anything disappears like by magic. I know guys that work for the state and they have welded shut manhole covers, breaker boxes and anything and everything that could get broken into by copper thieves. It makes it a pain to work on things, as they have to cut them open to do maint stuff, but it does make it hard(er) for the thieves to get at it. Though maybe letting the dumbies/tweakers get at it isn't always all bad....a while back the state guys found some dead tweakers with copper in their hands....problem for the tweakers was that the copper was still hooked up on the other end to, I think, 440!

One huge problem is that yards that buy metal stuff for scrap, even though they are in many cases REQUIRED to verify that the seller legally owns it, they are not very good about it and once whatever it is that they are buying goes through the shredder/crusher, it is ****ED HARD to prove anything. I have heard of yards taking a "bill of sale" that was written on scrap paper and looked like it was written by a drunken 4 year old for an item they were buying. THEY DO NOT CARE and will do most anything they can to take in anything they can make a buck on!!

One advantage that honest, hardworking people have is that a lot of these criminals are NOT very bright. The guy that teaches welding at our local tech college was telling me about some idiots that stole a whole bunch of ER70 of some kind MIG wire thinking that they had scored a BUNCH of copper, but when they took it to sell it, the guys at the yard knew what it was and called the cops!! FUNNNEEEE!!!
                        Last edited by dondlhmn; 05-29-2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

I will be contacting Miller with the numbers. That was great help bringing that up. I'm glad I found this forum, everyone here seems to be good honest people with the same interests. Not to forget the fact that it is rich with information and helpful people.

Comment

Any of these look familiar?

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...tonio-tx-on-cl

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.