Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cataract removal and welding

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cataract removal and welding

I have to have my cataracts removed, going in the 20 of June to see the doc. Has any welders had theirs removed, was it hard to weld afterwards? Now the SIL is doing the welding, everything goes black when I strike an arc....

I had mine done a couple of years ago, and I have not had any problems. To the contrary, I no longer need reading glasses, so welding is actually easier for me. I asked my Ophthalmologist and he said there was no problem welding.

Comment

Just the opposite - had mine done about two years ago as well. No longer need glasses for my far vision problem, the lenses implanted had that correction. Now I need reading or cheaters for anything up close. I was made aware of this before the surgery. Actually it was my wife's cousin that performed the surgery. She advised me not to go with the bifocal implants. She said they are not quite there yet and that I would be disappointed with the out come and they are expensive~ about $2K more.

I had tried bifocal contacts years a go as well - did not like them either. I did the mono-vision with some success.

Comment

Thanks cope, that's reassuring. The doctor at the eye clinic I go to has been doing it for years, I feel confident I'll be in good hands.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDarth View Post
          Just the opposite - had mine done about two years ago as well. No longer need glasses for my far vision problem, the lenses implanted had that correction. Now I need reading or cheaters for anything up close. I was made aware of this before the surgery. Actually it was my wife's cousin that performed the surgery. She advised me not to go with the bifocal implants. She said they are not quite there yet and that I would be disappointed with the out come and they are expensive~ about $2K more.

I had tried bifocal contacts years a go as well - did not like them either. I did the mono-vision with some success.
          Mine are mono vision also, right eye for distance and left eye for close up. Didn't make my self clear, I need no corrective lenses. Dr. told me there was no guarantee I wouldn't need glasses, but I guess I was lucky. My Dr. did not even mention the bifocal lenses.

Comment

Crap, thanks for reminding me I have to renew my license next month. I've had glasses for few years but never wear them unless I'm on a long road trip. Now it will be required.

I see pretty good up close but love the cheater. They say I can't see far off but I can see the moon, how far is that, LOL.

Wishing you the best, tackit

Comment

Originally posted by Hardrock40 View Post
              Crap, thanks for reminding me I have to renew my license next month. I've had glasses for few years but never wear them unless I'm on a long road trip. Now it will be required.

I see pretty good up close but love the cheater. They say I can't see far off but I can see the moon, how far is that, LOL.

Wishing you the best, tackit

Thank You Hardrock, I appreciate your best wishes.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.