Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bush hog tail wheel repair

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush hog tail wheel repair

Over the years the bush hogs tail wheel's bushings wore out and oblonged the axle holes in the yoke.

So I took the yoke and wheel off the cutter, drilled holes through the original 1/2" axle holes? in the yoke for hex bolts that I drilled for the new axle and bushing kit from john deere..

I cut the hex bolts off flush with the inside of the yoke. The bolts became shoulder bushings that could be easily welded to the yoke.. I had some circles with the right size hole on the shelf so I use one to hold the fixed yoke in it's mounting tube.

The bush hog has never turned so good on it's tail wheel, even when it was brand new over twenty years ago it never reacted so fast. Now as soon as I move the tractor the tail wheel follows where before it hung up and would tear out sod until it would eventually track in the right direction.

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/cy...w/tail%20wheel

Great job

Comment

Originally posted by Kpack View Post
      Great job
      Thank you Kpack.

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.