Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trubolt information from red head

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trubolt information from red head

Just talked to trubolt about my stem sticking up a inch or so past the nut, they said there is supposed to be one diameter of space below the bottom of the trubolt and the bottom of the hole. In other words a 3/8" trubolt should have 3/8" space between the bottom of the trubolt and the bottom of the hole. He did some figuring and said in my situation I should have a 1000 lbs holding power.

I told him that information isn't on their website as far as I can see, he's going to talk to his web people about the situation and correct it if it needs to be added.

If I were to do it again I would use the 3-5 turn rule instead of their torque setting... It wouldn't have pulled up so far. They said the reason for the 3-5 turn rule is because in some parts of the country the sand they use in their concrete makes it harder or softer. Texas has harder concrete than Florida.
    Last edited by tackit; 05-21-2013, 09:57 AM.
Working...
X
Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.