Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller bobcat 225D Service Manual?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller bobcat 225D Service Manual?

Hey guys,

Any help with pictures would be greatly appreciated.

I have an old 1997 model 225D with the ruggerini Engine on it. Yes its loud, when it runs. This little machine ran great a few years back and then all the sudden lost power. I figured fuel and replaced the lift pump them both injector pumps. it has ran, but idles real rough and smokes. I am at a place now where I would like to get it running again. I drained the fuel and replaced with new. the old stuff was yellowish and slimy. tried to fire it off nothing I primed the manual pump loosened the injector lines got diesel, ect. sprayed WD40 in the intake while cranking, did not attempt to start. it does puff fuel/air mixture out of the tail pipe then I noticed it coming from under the head!?!?! Has it been a blown head gasket this whole time?

next dilemma,

I found another engine that runs. it came off of a unit that had 987 hours on it. should I try to swap it? the hardest part seems to be separating the stator from the motor. it has a tapered shaft and possible a broken bolt inside. does anyone have a repair manual for this? can you scan the pages I need to separate the motor from the stator?

is it easier to change the head gasket. i still don't know if that's it or not.

thanks for your time

Give Miller Customer Service a call at (920) 734-9821 with the unit Serial Number and they very well may email it to you if you ask.

Comment

Working...
    X
    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.