Millermatic 350P Gas Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic 350P Gas Issue

Got a 350P with a Python push/pull gun and it seems to have a gas delivery issue. I have to have the flowmeter cranked to max in order to get proper shielding. At 25cfh of argon, it very rarely produces a nice weld. I have tried a different flowmeter and the problem persists. Is this a common problem?

350p gas flow

Any problem with your 400 gun on steel ?. That should tell you where the
    problem lies.
    B.J.

Comment

I have never had the problem myself, but how do you know that 25 cfh is getting to the nozzle?

One thing to check is try the flow without connected to the machine to see if there is a difference.
      Myself I use a portable flowmeter from netwelding.com to actually verify the flow at the nozzle.

You say argon, so I assume you are welding alum?
      Last edited by shovelon; 05-19-2013, 07:14 AM.
      Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
      3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
      Miller Dynasty200DX
      ThermalArc 400 GTSW
      MillerMatic350P
      MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
      MKCobraMig260
      Lincoln SP-170T
      Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
      Hypertherm 1250
      Hypertherm 800
      PlasmaCam CNC cutter
      Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
      SiberHegner CNC Mill
      2 ea. Bridgeport
      LeBlond 15" Lathe
      Haberle 18" Cold Saw
      Doringer 14" Cold Saw
      6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Comment

Originally posted by bridgeportBJ View Post
        Any problem with your 400 gun on steel ?. That should tell you where the
        problem lies.
        B.J.
        Good point. I have a separate gun for steel, so that will determine whether the problem is in the machine, or my push/pull gun.

Originally posted by shovelon View Post
        I have never had the problem myself, but how do you know that 25 cfh is getting to the nozzle?

One thing to check is try the flow without connected to the machine to see if there is a difference.
        Myself I use a portable flowmeter from netwelding.com to actually verify the flow at the nozzle.

You say argon, so I assume you are welding alum?
        Yup, welding aluminum. I do a lot of tigging, and often I put the torch up to my cheek to verify argon flow. When I do that with this Python gun, there is no comparison that its much less than I'm use to feeling.

Comment

OK, easy fix, cause I just know you used teflon tape on the brass fittings. Remove the gas hose to machine connector, inside you'll see a little screen. is it full of tap, or other stuff, probably, clean it and no more tape,,,,

Comment

Working...
          X