No announcement yet.

debate 30A sppolgun and the MK Prince XL spoolgun

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debate 30A sppolgun and the MK Prince XL spoolgun

What did you like about the two and did not like? I have welded with the prince XL push pull but am looking at the prince XL spoolgun and not enough to say i really welded with the 30A miller brand. Just would like yalls thoughts on the two to help me decide?

Think of that first crap in the morning, then think of a prince spoolgun, its about the same....

I weld on some weekends in my buddies truck garage. And he has the prince spool gun and i hate it. Always working on it. I told him never again so i take my miller and spool gun with me. Just the high priced tips are enough not to buy one...Bob
      Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.

Lincoln makes some exceptional products...

Unfortunately their spools guns are not . The units i had experience with were very clunky and looked like some elementary school student put it together as a school experiment. That being said, i dont bash the entire brand, The spoolmatic 30 a is a very good rugged and reliable unit that will give good service for many years. I like the newer gun body design that has the hinged lid as apposed to the old slide off cover, and the compatibility with the newer consumables are a definite plus.
        I have a welding addiction

...the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask

Ahhh, most of Lincoln spool guns are made by MK products, Lincoln doesn't even warranty them.. I refuse to do a MK products warranty, its just a hassle.
          parts are expensive, consumable are expensive, as well as, few LWS's carry consumables for them.