Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helmet Bag

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet Bag

Hi,

This may be the dumbest post on this forum; but, I'm stumped.

I purchased a Miller helmet last spring. (I believe it was an Elite model.)

It came with a bag. And that bag confuses the heck out of me with all the excess cord and the way it opens.

Is there some common sense way to use the bag?

Thanks

Jeff

Helmet Bag

If its the same bag I have, it's just a cinch bag. To open you pull out the hole and it opens the bag. To close it you grab the two ropes on each side and pull it closed. Not sure if it is the same one but it sounded like it.

Comment

Here's a posting from the weldingweb on that same topic. You are not the only one.
      http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...ght=helmet+bag

Comment

Glad It's Not Just Me

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the posts.

BD1, thanks for the link, too. I feel better after reading it. Besides helping me understand that I am not the "only one" trying to see the logic in the bag, it made me chuckle a little, too.

I have used the bag a few times... the thing that bugs me is that there doesn't seem to be a right, or a wrong way to place the helmet inside the bag. I've tried it right side up, upside down, across the seam, with the seam... there just didn't seem to be a place that it really fit.

I looked for information in the manual, too, like a poster on the other thread mentioned. I figured there must be something somewhere that would at least give a basic description of how it should be used (e.g. lens side of helmet face up with the helmet laying in the direction of the bottom seam).

I think I would need to be a lot better shape if I intended to start wearing that bad as a backpack. To me, that would seem like an invitation for an a**-kicking; but, I could be wrong.

I love the helmet. It was more costly than I thought was practical; but, in hindsight, I am really glad that I spent the extra dollars on it. Great purchase.

Thanks again for the replies.

Jeff

Comment

Try one of these...

Try one of these... http://store.cyberweld.com/tihebag.html

Comment

LOL...I also appreciate this thread, I agree it's a confusing cinch. Took me more time then I thought or would care to expose to get the hang of it! Lol. And it IS a great helmet. Made the leap on the recommendation of JMK Welding,another forum member. The test drive sold me!

Comment

May it's a pre test for welding. If ya can't get past the bag, ya have no business welding.

Comment

Hey,

Ouch.....[

QUOTE=monte55;307501]May it's a pre test for welding. If ya can't get past the bag, ya have no business welding.[/QUOTE]

I was afraid someone might say this....

Jeff

Comment

There's a pocket in the bottom of the bag for the "chin" of the helmet...slip it in and cinch it up...I picked up a backpack that holds the helmet, jacket and gloves as well as tools and other crap here:

https://weldingsupply.com/cgi-bin/einstein.pl

The link is screwy..just type backpack in the search and it'll come up

Comment

New Fancy Bag...

These are the ones that all the kids are toting these days...find a 6th grader to help you learn how it works.
                    The strings on each side are independent of each other. It goes in one side, around the top and back out the same way it came in. Each string does this. I hope that helps without demeaning too much;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank865 View Post
                      Oh yea, get the Tillman bag. NO BRAINER, just drop it in pull cord. Miller had a guy to college for 10 years to design that bag.

Comment

Hey,

Originally posted by Doughboyracer View Post
                        These are the ones that all the kids are toting these days...find a 6th grader to help you learn how it works.
                        The strings on each side are independent of each other. It goes in one side, around the top and back out the same way it came in. Each string does this. I hope that helps without demeaning too much;-)
                        I must not be ....... smarter than a sixth grader.

There's no pocket inside, not anything that makes it clear which way the helmet is supposed to sit in the bag.

Is this intended to be a puzzle?

I hate to admit defeat; but, a no-nonsense bag like those discussed here is in my future.

I have been trying to think of something that I could use the Miller bag for... but, I know it's just going to p*ss me off with those long strings, regardless of what I stick inside of it.

Thanks for the replies.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff2013 View Post
                          Hey,

I must not be ....... smarter than a sixth grader.

There's no pocket inside, not anything that makes it clear which way the helmet is supposed to sit in the bag.

Is this intended to be a puzzle?

I hate to admit defeat; but, a no-nonsense bag like those discussed here is in my future.

I have been trying to think of something that I could use the Miller bag for... but, I know it's just going to p*ss me off with those long strings, regardless of what I stick inside of it.

Thanks for the replies.

Jeff
                          Use it for ''trick or treating '' ?

Comment

My Dirtbike helmet bag sounds similar to your description. I really like things to have a specific way they work, not just toss it in. But I came to the fact it's just a dang bag and moved on, but every time I use it I still briefly spin the helmet around a couple times trying to find the "right" way. Haha. It's a curse.

Comment

Helmet Bag

I have one for my bike helmet as well. Got all torqued up tryin to fit it in there correctly(not a correct way, just cram it in there). Gave it to my so to use and all the boys in the drop off line in the morn have a lil sequence that they do. Throw on main pack then Sling the lil crappy pack over their head till it slams the main pack. They all do it, every morning. Guess its the"cool" thing to do. Good riddance I say.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.