Any idea where I can find carbon brushes for older Metabo angle grinders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea where I can find carbon brushes for older Metabo angle grinders

I have two working,good grinders that I can not find brushes for. I was told they are discontinued. Just wondered if anyone knows of a place that may have aftermarket brushes or maybe some business that may have the original brushes. From what I can tell they both take the same brush. They are model AG 705 and model 8125, both are Metabos. I may have to do what one guy told me he had to do,is find a brush close to size and carefully file it down. I hate to scrap a good tool. They are old,between 25-30 years old,but are still good. Thanks for any input.

I have a box full of 30 yo Makita brushes maybe they are close enough to make them fit yours. I will get some measurements. Hardware stores have misc sized brushes in those little drawers in the bolt isle...Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Try here

http://www.mcmaster.com/#carbon-brushes/=mnql83
      Jeff

Comment

Metabo AG705 & 8125 grinder brushes

Originally posted by NMWelding View Post
        I have two working,good grinders that I can not find brushes for. I was told they are discontinued. Just wondered if anyone knows of a place that may have aftermarket brushes or maybe some business that may have the original brushes. From what I can tell they both take the same brush. They are model AG 705 and model 8125, both are Metabos. I may have to do what one guy told me he had to do,is find a brush close to size and carefully file it down. I hate to scrap a good tool. They are old,between 25-30 years old,but are still good. Thanks for any input.
        I have the same grinders and you are correct they both use the same brushes there roughly 1/4 x 5/16 x 5/8, you can get them at www.carbonbrushes.ca 4.00 each and 5.00 for shipping.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flex.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	516124

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
          I have a box full of 30 yo Makita brushes maybe they are close enough to make them fit yours. I will get some measurements. Hardware stores have misc sized brushes in those little drawers in the bolt isle...Bob
          And... the brushes can be resized by careful use of a file.

Comment

Working...
          X