Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

newbie. with series 60 & power source question!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie. with series 60 & power source question!!

Hey all. New guy here!!
    I have an older Hobart fabricator 300a power source that I run my xr 30 push pull mig with. Both units use the 6 pin connector.

I found a sweet deal on a series 60 wire feeder. But before I buy it would like to know if I can run the 60 off of my pwr source? The 60 has a 14 pin connector but it only has a jog switch and wire speed dial, all other options are blanked out. Much like my xr30!

Can the 14 pin unit be modded to run on the 6 pin pwr source ?? Thanks. Dan!!
    Attached Files

Here's the unit I wanna buy
    Attached Files

Comment

Moar pics
      Attached Files

Comment

If you are running a 24VAC miller XR feeder right now on a 6 pin plug. Then a basic 60 series feeder will also work if wired the same way. If the XR feeder runs on 115 volts then you will need a pc 100 adapter. The pc-100 kit has a transformer and a relay so you can adapt 115volt welders to 24 volt feeders.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Thanks guys . I went to look at the feeder And it was a mess so I passed on it!!

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.