Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which update MIG gun for the 211..

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which update MIG gun for the 211..

I am looking to upgrade the MIG gun on my 211 Autoset - currently has Miller Mig 20, I believe the newer units now have Mig 100. Someone recommended a Bernard "OXO" series, with screw on accessories. It is available with either 30, 45 or 60 degree bend on the tips. I was thinking a 15 foot length instead of the 10 foot I have. I use this 211 in garage as a home hobbiest..

Is there a better option.. or does this sound like a good option.

This is the place to start...http://www.bernardwelds.com/bernard-...urator-p153770
    Last edited by TxDarth; 05-03-2013, 08:46 PM.

Originally posted by TxDarth View Post
    I am looking to upgrade the MIG gun on my 211 Autoset - currently has Miller Mig 20, I believe the newer units now have Mig 100. Someone recommended a Bernard "OXO" series, with screw on accessories. It is available with either 30, 45 or 60 degree bend on the tips. I was thinking a 15 foot length instead of the 10 foot I have. I use this 211 in garage as a home hobbiest..

Is there a better option.. or does this sound like a good option.

This is the place to start...http://www.bernardwelds.com/bernard-...urator-p153770
    Due to the small wire drive motor, Miller has always recommended staying with the 10' gun lead length. A 15' lead is probably going to work the little motor harder than it was designed to handle, and shorten the life of the motor.

With a 15' gun lead, I'd also suspect some occasional feeding issues from the wire drive used on the MM 211 .

If you're set on a longer gun lead, a 12' lead would probably be the wiser route to take.

Comment

I have a 15 ft benard 200 amp q gun on my mm211 bought it at the same time as i bought the welder in aug 2009 runs good. Put a 15 ft tweco gun on my 1997 mm changller right after i bought it 97 changed to a benard 15 ft 200 in april of 2007 sold the welder to a friend he still runs the same gun. Last fall I put a q200 benard on my ta181i. The center fire tips are the way to go never, had a problem with either drive motor

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.