digital elite helmet freezing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital elite helmet freezing?

I have a digital elite helmet, perhaps 6 months old. It is randomly "freezing" in the darkened mode. Once this happens, none of the buttons will do anything. The only way I can figure out how to reset it is to remove the lens and pull out one of the batteries. Its a pain. This happens to me at least 2-3 times during a full day of work. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a fix easier than pulling out the battery?

If its that new I would return it.

Comment

Have it replaced under warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by hyd View Post
        Is there a fix easier than pulling out the battery?
        Using a non-autodark shield?

Comment

That sure was helpful. Why doesn't he just not weld, that would solve the problem too.

Comment

digital elite helmet freezing?

Had that happen to a friend in class. Ended up having to garbage the whole thing and then he went out and bought a speedglas like he should have done to start with :P

Comment

After first five or six hours, my 9400 would freeze in a partially-dark condition on Weld and WeldX mode. LWS sent the lens unit in and of course Miller replaced it. The replacement was a blue-tinged silver metal to distinguish it from the previous, all-silver unit.

Over a year later and not another problem. I tig the heck out of it too.
              Dynasty 350
              Bobcat 250
              Maxstar 150S
              Titanium 9400
              Purox O/A
              Cutmaster 42

Comment

Originally posted by Helios View Post
                Using a non-autodark shield?
                Perhaps he was thinking along the lines of restarting its brains and/or reseating the battery. Stranger things have caused misbehaving electronics to work properly.

re Speeglas vs Miller
                I had the opposite experience. Initially bought Speedglas which died after 3 yrs. The Miller I got about the same time is still ticking right along. Ive decided the most reliable option is passive. Electronics are a crap shoot in the best of circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                X