Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

digital elite helmet freezing?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital elite helmet freezing?

I have a digital elite helmet, perhaps 6 months old. It is randomly "freezing" in the darkened mode. Once this happens, none of the buttons will do anything. The only way I can figure out how to reset it is to remove the lens and pull out one of the batteries. Its a pain. This happens to me at least 2-3 times during a full day of work. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a fix easier than pulling out the battery?

If its that new I would return it.

Comment

Have it replaced under warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by hyd View Post
        Is there a fix easier than pulling out the battery?
        Using a non-autodark shield?

Comment

That sure was helpful. Why doesn't he just not weld, that would solve the problem too.

Comment

digital elite helmet freezing?

Had that happen to a friend in class. Ended up having to garbage the whole thing and then he went out and bought a speedglas like he should have done to start with :P

Comment

After first five or six hours, my 9400 would freeze in a partially-dark condition on Weld and WeldX mode. LWS sent the lens unit in and of course Miller replaced it. The replacement was a blue-tinged silver metal to distinguish it from the previous, all-silver unit.

Over a year later and not another problem. I tig the heck out of it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Helios View Post
                Using a non-autodark shield?
                Perhaps he was thinking along the lines of restarting its brains and/or reseating the battery. Stranger things have caused misbehaving electronics to work properly.

re Speeglas vs Miller
                I had the opposite experience. Initially bought Speedglas which died after 3 yrs. The Miller I got about the same time is still ticking right along. Ive decided the most reliable option is passive. Electronics are a crap shoot in the best of circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.