Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

buying a used welder info

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying a used welder info

Hi,I am going to look at a Miller Syncrowave 351 later today and wanted to know if there was anything I should look for. Its a 1997 with a tig runner package and a coolmate 4 along with a few other items.I have never tig anything but stick and mig I have done for some time. Any suggestions is much appreciated.. Ty

Make sure you try it out on dc, ac, stick, etc. different amp ranges. If you don't know how, bring a friend who does. Good luck, hope its nice for a good deal! Let us know how it goes. You can also look up the serial on millers website to get more info about it. I'm not sure if that model has the counter for run hours and arc starts, gives an indication of its use history. You could look up its manual on millers site to find out how to do this.

Comment

You have the power to run that thing?

Comment

spoolmatic 30

Im lokin at a spollmatic 30 used for $500 its just missing the top cover off the gun would that even matter? what would a new one cost?

Comment

100 amps at 230 volt

Without looking up the manual, I would think that you would need around 100 amps at 230 volts to come close to getting full power out of it. The manual would give you the real number. Broccoli has the right question.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by wideglide View Post
            Im lokin at a spollmatic 30 used for $500 its just missing the top cover off the gun would that even matter? what would a new one cost?
            Start your own thread.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.