Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

simple chopsaw stand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • simple chopsaw stand

    I made this so I could roll the saw outside. I centered the motor over the 4" sq tube riser so down forces would go straight to the floor to help with balance when cutting. The angle irons end over the center of the axle. The handle slides in out of the way. For those that don't know, you can click on the double lines down at the bottom left by the pictures and stop the slide show and see the pictures one at a time by clicking on the arrows on the screen.



    http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/cy...deshow/Chopsaw
    Last edited by tackit; 04-29-2013, 12:44 PM.

  • #2
    I have never seen any of your pics. When i click on the link u paste it sends me to a sign in page. Am i the only one?

    Comment


    • #3
      Also... it may be cause im on here with a stupid.. i mean smart phone

      Comment


      • #4
        Pics work fine for me. Nice stand.
        CG
        Old Miller Swinger 180 Buzzbox
        Miller Diversion 165
        1945 Craftsman Atlas Lathe
        Smithy Lathe/Mill

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by chewinggum View Post
          Pics work fine for me. Nice stand.
          CG
          Thanks chewinggum, it's fast and easy to build and doesn't take a lot of material and shoots the dust and dirt to the ground. no clean up

          Comment


          • #6
            Weldon, I have it set to public, it should be showing up on your dumb phone.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tackit View Post
              Weldon, I have it set to public, it should be showing up on your dumb phone.
              How's the new Bobcat doing?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tackit:306908
                Weldon, I have it set to public, it should be showing up on your dumb phone.
                I am using my tablet now and its the same thing. A sign in/sign up for photo bucket page, no matter what I click I have to sign up for it

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tackit:306909
                  Originally posted by tackit View Post
                  Weldon, I have it set to public, it should be showing up on your dumb phone.
                  How's the new Bobcat doing?
                  Its doing great. At 98hrs now so time for a oil change. It took a while to get used to it. Its a lot different than my other welders, completely different arc, its not better and its not worse... Just different. And also took a while to find that sweet spot, I change rods and sizes so frequently that I would forget where I was on the previous rod.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is with the new bobcat and a hf-251d. No pedal, no on/off switch.. just a hot torch and a gas valve.
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Another, same as above. As you can see in this pic... it is either too cold, or hotter than ****. It will do ok for non critical jobs but i wont do a whole lot of aluminum with this setup.
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by weldonwelding View Post
                        This is with the new bobcat and a hf-251d. No pedal, no on/off switch.. just a hot torch and a gas valve.
                        That's nice welding anyway, many welders say Bobcats are good machines, by the looks of your weld it's a true statement.


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have the same problems with your photos. Always asks me to sign in to view them. Not happening.
                          ==============
                          Miller 211 MVP
                          Hobart StickMate LX 235
                          Lincoln AC 225
                          CutMaster 42

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Thrutraffic View Post
                            I have the same problems with your photos. Always asks me to sign in to view them. Not happening.
                            The album says public can view it. The picture of a lock is unlocked. Must be your computers security settings are set to high for Photobucket.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tackit View Post
                              I made this so I could roll the saw outside. I centered the motor over the 4" sq tube riser so down forces would go straight to the floor to help with balance when cutting. The angle irons end over the center of the axle. The handle slides in out of the way. For those that don't know, you can click on the double lines down at the bottom left by the pictures and stop the slide show and see the pictures one at a time by clicking on the arrows on the screen.



                              http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/cy...deshow/Chopsaw
                              Interesting design. I like how it is portable with wheels. Does it vibrate around much when your cutting steel?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X