Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

simple chopsaw stand

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple chopsaw stand

I made this so I could roll the saw outside. I centered the motor over the 4" sq tube riser so down forces would go straight to the floor to help with balance when cutting. The angle irons end over the center of the axle. The handle slides in out of the way. For those that don't know, you can click on the double lines down at the bottom left by the pictures and stop the slide show and see the pictures one at a time by clicking on the arrows on the screen.

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/cy...deshow/Chopsaw
    Last edited by tackit; 04-29-2013, 12:44 PM.

I have never seen any of your pics. When i click on the link u paste it sends me to a sign in page. Am i the only one?

Comment

Also... it may be cause im on here with a stupid.. i mean smart phone

Comment

Pics work fine for me. Nice stand.
        CG

Comment

Originally posted by chewinggum View Post
          Pics work fine for me. Nice stand.
          CG
          Thanks chewinggum, it's fast and easy to build and doesn't take a lot of material and shoots the dust and dirt to the ground. no clean up

Comment

Weldon, I have it set to public, it should be showing up on your dumb phone.

Comment

Originally posted by tackit View Post
              How's the new Bobcat doing?

Comment

Originally posted by tackit:306908
                I am using my tablet now and its the same thing. A sign in/sign up for photo bucket page, no matter what I click I have to sign up for it

Comment

Originally posted by tackit:306909
                  How's the new Bobcat doing?
                  Its doing great. At 98hrs now so time for a oil change. It took a while to get used to it. Its a lot different than my other welders, completely different arc, its not better and its not worse... Just different. And also took a while to find that sweet spot, I change rods and sizes so frequently that I would forget where I was on the previous rod.

Comment

This is with the new bobcat and a hf-251d. No pedal, no on/off switch.. just a hot torch and a gas valve.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Another, same as above. As you can see in this pic... it is either too cold, or hotter than ****. It will do ok for non critical jobs but i wont do a whole lot of aluminum with this setup.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by weldonwelding View Post
                        This is with the new bobcat and a hf-251d. No pedal, no on/off switch.. just a hot torch and a gas valve.
                        That's nice welding anyway, many welders say Bobcats are good machines, by the looks of your weld it's a true statement.

Comment

I have the same problems with your photos. Always asks me to sign in to view them. Not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrutraffic View Post
                            I have the same problems with your photos. Always asks me to sign in to view them. Not happening.
                            The album says public can view it. The picture of a lock is unlocked. Must be your computers security settings are set to high for Photobucket.

Comment

I made this so I could roll the saw outside. I centered the motor over the 4" sq tube riser so down forces would go straight to the floor to help with balance when cutting. The angle irons end over the center of the axle. The handle slides in out of the way. For those that don't know, you can click on the double lines down at the bottom left by the pictures and stop the slide show and see the pictures one at a time by clicking on the arrows on the screen.

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/cy...deshow/Chopsaw
                              Interesting design. I like how it is portable with wheels. Does it vibrate around much when your cutting steel?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.