Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weld shield walls/curtains?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weld shield walls/curtains?

I have a rather cramped garage, so I want to put up some sort of wall or curtain around where I will be using the MIG. Not much of a clue as to what material I should use -- suggestions?

If you go with a wall, a simple stud wall in either wood or metal studs with a sheetrock covering should be more than sufficient. Remember to tape and mud the joints. If you feel you need more, hardie panels, hardieboard, whatever trade name it goes by in your region.

If on the other hand you wish to go with curtains, try here...
    http://www.google.com/search?safe=ac...L8nRiALL44HgCA

Comment

You also could mig a small 6' X 6' or what ever size you need frame made of old steel bed frames or sq tubing...mount caster wheels on it and use metal building siding to sheet it.
      Last edited by tackit; 04-28-2013, 06:16 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Harbor freight sells welding blankets dirt cheap. They hold up ok, but are cheap enough to replace once they wear.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.