Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

syncrowave 300 low weld output

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• syncrowave 300 low weld output

I am trying to repair a syncrowave 300 which has very low weld output (will not melt stick electrode). I have tried this machine with various settings (hi/low, AC/DC, with panel or remote control) and always the same thing. However when using the start current I can get plenty of power out, so the main power components are probably ok. I am guessing it is something in the regulation circuit and already tried swapping PC1, PC2 & CR1 from a working machine. Also the hall effect is giving a proper voltage signal representing the output current.
    I am out of ideas here, any suggestions?

any help would be much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by noloafing View Post
      I am trying to repair a syncrowave 300 which has very low weld output (will not melt stick electrode). I have tried this machine with various settings (hi/low, AC/DC, with panel or remote control) and always the same thing. However when using the start current I can get plenty of power out, so the main power components are probably ok. I am guessing it is something in the regulation circuit and already tried swapping PC1, PC2 & CR1 from a working machine. Also the hall effect is giving a proper voltage signal representing the output current.
      I am out of ideas here, any suggestions?
      How do u check the hall effect and output current? i have a problem with mine it runs wide open!!!

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.