Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wasp won't sting ! please help !

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasp won't sting ! please help !

Hi all just joined after reading some of the great info here by those that know allot more than me ! My machine sat all winter and when I fired it up a couple weeks ago no output ! It is a 1967 Airco Wasp {made by Miller** Mod. 2.25A/AMEL-A ser#R395785 . I took the shroud off and cleaned a bunch of contacts etc. still nothing ,All the leed connectors have been cleaned and I have tryed every thing right back to the tails directly off the front pannle . I have DC power to the aux outlet but no AC power on the side outlets ? I have not tried ac weld output because I need DC ! I have not looked at the back side of the buss bar board because from what I can see that is all good I cleaned the contacts for the switch . This machine seems simple enough everything is real basic but I just cant figure it out ! I also cleaned the copper rings that the brushes ride on and did find one of the side by side smaller brushes was stuck so I freed that up . I also emoried the back side of the amp adjuster dial but that looked good anyway . I don't own a tester but can get one if need be . I have the manual and think I understand what parts are what ,but any sugestions please be descriptive in were I am looking . Thank you in advance for any help ! I desperatly need my machine to work !

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Wasp won't sting ! please help !

How sure of your ground are you?

Comment

Check for corrosion at the field current trim resistor tap strap.
        Name:  5830c96544c91dfd6fb3318b4c0c11b9.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  108.6 KB

Not uncommon for rust build-up to cause loss of continuity at this point resulting in no field voltage getting to weld/power rotor.

Comment

Hooooyaahhhh I got ark ! Went out this morning and took a long hard look at all my conections cleaned a bunch of spade connectors etc took my time and even made a new ground lead etc . cranked her up and made blue light ! I have never not had my machine and was worried sick that it was done ,but once again it has pulled through for me ! So today I'm gonna be burnnin some low hi in the sun ! Thanks to those who responded ! You gave me some direction to look and I think it must have payed off ! I would like to stick around here for a while .I see a bunch of topics that interest me ! Talk soon guys !

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.