Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

metabo cust. service

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • metabo cust. service

    I bought my 10th or so metabo grinder, probly my 5th or 6th 6in about a month ago. A week into using it the switch stuck on, I got it to free up after messing with it for 10 minutes or so. After that I didn't do anything but use it until yesterday it wouldn't turn on at all no matter how much I tried. After messing with it I seen that the plastic was broken under the switch so it was useless. I called the lws where I bought it and they said they would have to send it off... and as some of you know I can be a **** about things and I'm not paying 250 for a grinder just to have a repaired grinder a month later.. so I called metabo service/warranty dept. And they said they would replace it without question and if my lws had a problem with it then they could call metabo themselves. So bottom line is I will be sticking with metabo for a long time, great customer service and great products... a lot like miller, you pay a little more but in the end it pays off

  • #2
    I still have my first METABO 4 1/2'' that I bought 30 years ago. It just won't die.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BD1:306653
      I still have my first METABO 4 1/2'' that I bought 30 years ago. It just won't die.
      I still have every one I have ever bought but the brushes are gone out of them. I guess its all in how much you use them. While I was on the phone with metabo I asked about sending them to get rebuilt and its pretty reasonable on price. I'm going to send a few in.. they said the turnaround time is 48hrs, not too bad.

      Comment


      • #4
        I want to make sure I get this right before I spend on a new grinder.
        I still have every one I have ever bought but the brushes are gone out of them
        I'm going to send a few in
        and I'm not paying 250 for a grinder just to have a repaired grinder a month later
        you pay a little more but in the end it pays off
        I have been down the grinder road a good long time, about the best grinders I have used is the 30$ Black and Decker from Walmart, everything about it lasts, right down to the brushes and the cords. Pick it up and use it and cant tell it from any other. You would have 8 grinders that still worked for the price of one. Not every cheap grinder or tool is good but this one is.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sberry:306685
          I want to make sure I get this right before I spend on a new grinder.
          I still have every one I have ever bought but the brushes are gone out of them
          I'm going to send a few in
          and I'm not paying 250 for a grinder just to have a repaired grinder a month later
          you pay a little more but in the end it pays off
          I have been down the grinder road a good long time, about the best grinders I have used is the 30$ Black and Decker from Walmart, everything about it lasts, right down to the brushes and the cords. Pick it up and use it and cant tell it from any other. You would have 8 grinders that still worked for the price of one. Not every cheap grinder or tool is good but this one is.
          I left out all the dewalts, milwaukees, porter cables and cheap ones i ever bought. I have thrown most of them away but still have a BOX of useless ones. As in broke, not fixable like the metabos that i bought within the last 15yrs. If you read what u quoted. It say's ''im not paying 250 to have a REPAIRED grinder a MONTH later. Not 15yrs later. I can burn a black and decker in a day or two.... junk... worthless... been there done it. And if you try to call black and decker and get customer service their probly gona ask.. whats that. Their plant used to be a couple miles away from me but now nobody speaka alglashe.

          Comment


          • #6
            Sberry... the reason your grinders last so long is because your not using them.. your spending your time on here picking apart a simple little post.

            Comment


            • #7
              Used Metabo drills for many years in electrical construction. Never die is right. Things were beasts.

              Comment


              • #8
                I see,,, ok,, how about this, learn to be a bit better welder and you wont have to be such a grinder.

                Comment


                • #9
                  MY favorite grinders are Hitachi... but my favorite die grinder is a Matabo GE 700 6.2 amp Variable speed die grinder. It's been a great tool and has got me out of trouble more than a few times, from removing welds in tight places to enlongating holes so bolts pass through, to putting in an arbor and installing a 3" Weld Eraser Wheel on the end to cut tubing and removing welds. Yes I would recommend one to a friend.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Here's my grinders, Bosch, Hitachi, Makita, The 5" Hitachi and 6" Makita rat tail handles are my favorite. I run 6" wheels on the 5" Hitachi rat tail.

                    Last edited by tackit; 04-28-2013, 02:40 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Amazon had theses on sale for about $35 dollars, they came with 5 or 6 grinding
                      wheels and the case. It's not a high amp motor but I'm going to use it for slicer wheels.



                      Spare 5" rat tail, I was going to put a 6" wire wheel on it but never did.

                      Last edited by tackit; 04-28-2013, 08:23 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        metabo cust. service

                        You mean metabos don't have that nice heated housing and burnt plastic scented feature that activates after using it for a couple hours like the dewalts and most others? That's a shame. How do you prove you've been actually grinding ?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tackit:306761
                          Amazon had theses on sale for about $35 dollars, they came with 5 or 6 grinding
                          wheels and the case. It's not a high amp motor but I'm going to use it for slicer wheels.



                          Spare 5" rat tail, I was going to put a 6" wire wheel on it but never did.

                          I also bought this same thing from Lowes. It was around the same price. And I also have a 7" Hitachi. I think I got the 7" from tractor supply... I don't use a 7" or a 4 1/2 very much, I use my 6" mostly

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Nathan128:306763
                            You mean metabos don't have that nice heated housing and burnt plastic scented feature that activates after using it for a couple hours like the dewalts and most others? That's a shame. How do you prove you've been actually grinding ?
                            I don't. You can take it or leave it. Simple as that.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sberry:306753
                              I see,,, ok,, how about this, learn to be a bit better welder and you wont have to be such a grinder.
                              I will have to do that.. I learn something new everyday but will that save my grinders from being used? I do lots of dump truck floors, steel and aluminum. And my helpers mostly do the grinding, their learning just like everyone else. In my world you do your grinding before you weld so I don't think it will help but maybe you know something I don't....?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.