Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pipe Welding Job In Scio, Ohio (Tradesman International)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe Welding Job In Scio, Ohio (Tradesman International)

Welders and pipe fitters needed for a large scale industrial project in OH. There are 40 open positions for qualified combo welders and 40 open positions for qualified fitters. This project is scheduled to last 6 months and we will be working 6 days a week on 10 hour shifts.

Weld Test:
    TIG root and hot pass 7018 fill and cap on a 6"sched 80 Carbon using 308 wire
    TIG all the way out on a 2" sched 120 Carbon using 308 Wire

Fitter test:
    120 question written test

Welders Pay Scale:$28/hr

Fitters Pay Scale:$25/hr

In addition, $420 a week per-diem for applicants who can provide proof of residency beyond 60 miles of job site.
    Please apply by phone at 614-854-0395; fax resume to 614-854-0487

Has anyone ever heard of using a 308 wire all the way out on carbon pipe????

Comment

Not this guy.

Comment

Yes, I have heard of it. Alot of time welding schools will certify their students on 308L stainless wire on carbon. The process is the same withe the purge and the welding but it saves money on Stainless Steel pipe... to me thats the only plus to it. I went to Missouri Welding Institute and thats the way that I certified in April of 08.

Comment

Also thats why they call it 308L, The L stands for low carbon.

Comment

28$/hours???!!?!?? For a "b"pressure welder??

Comment

I take it your surprised?!

Comment

Yeah,not in a good way though..ha!
                What is the average welder rates out there?

Comment

Ya 28$/hr is way low especially for tig welders. And 420/week loa? Where can you stay for that. Good luck

Comment

I have a rig so it varies, but back in the day 28-30 for Missouri was good money. I love my rig and the money is awesome but, I dont see my kids and wife and cannot take them on the road where I go. I work in N. Dakota, Bakken Oilfied and Three Forks Oilfield. If I could make 28 at home I'd sell everything and do it. By the time Uncle Obama, and my rig payments paid thats about what I make anyway!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.