Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

302 trailblazer

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 302 trailblazer

I have a 302 that started running like it's in one cylinder and will not give me my heat. Anyone know what the problem is?

Maybe a serial #, which engine is it???

Comment

Kohler engine... Was new in 06/07...I'm going to get number later

Comment

Serial number is LH000699

Comment

My Bobcat had an ignition coil go out on it, so only one cylinder operation. When I replaced it, I replaced both. I figured they both had the same amount of running time, so the other may be about to quit, too. I kept the one that was still working though. Check your oil level and make sure it is not getting fuel dilution. Mine was getting fuel in the crankcase due to the dead cylinder. I changed the oil and filter when I replaced the coils. If you want to find out which cylinder is dead, crank it up and lightly spray the exhaust manifold with water right where it comes off the head. the one not firing won't steam off much if any.

Comment

Ok thank you

Comment

Make sure you smell of the oil to see if you can detect a gas smell to it, not just look at the level. New sparkplugs won't hurt anything either.

Comment

Did you ever figure out what the problem was with this machine? If so, what was it?

Comment

One of the 2 coils has failed. I like to replace them as a set. Have to remove the outer plastic cover. to get at them. I use a paper envelope to set them.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                    One of the 2 coils has failed. I like to replace them as a set. Have to remove the outer plastic cover. to get at them. I use a paper envelope to set them.
                    That's what I figured too. I replaced both of mine as a set since they both had the same run time. I kept the one that was still working, to have an emergency back up spare. I am still wondering if the OP ever got the problem sorted out or not.

Comment

Machine is fixed. Welds like a brand new machine. Looking back the machine over the last year or so seemed to weld colder than i set the dial. Next time the machine seems to do that I will change the coils out first thing.

Comment

Originally posted by beamwalker View Post
                        Machine is fixed. Welds like a brand new machine. Looking back the machine over the last year or so seemed to weld colder than i set the dial. Next time the machine seems to do that I will change the coils out first thing.
                        So it turns out it was a coil for sure. Thanks for the update on the outcome, I was starting to wonder if we would ever find out what the actual malfunction was. Did you check your oil for possible fuel contamination? Perform the olfactory test to see if it is in there.

Comment

Actually my bosses machine. Told him to change oil, he just kind of blew it off. His machine... I own one with the robins engine. I would just change oil no questions asked.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.