Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

TIG setup on a Lincoln AC225

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIG setup on a Lincoln AC225

Can I run the old school TIG welding setup without high frequency on this? It's AC only.

Not without hf box. You need dc to tig weld

Comment

You need a hf box or you can build a rectifier. It will then be a scratch start setup. Ideally you can setup a on/off type switch so you can keep your shielding gas around the end of the weld and stil stop the arc without leaving a crater. A little Google on homemade rectifier should get you a good start

Comment

The old school way of welding aluminum if that's what you mean... was DC welding on elec positive. The tungsten burns back quickly but actually welds pretty good. And I guess the ac DC version of that machine is just a added rectifier? So maybe that would work but if it were me I would sell the ac unit and buy something like a old econo tig. That way ya got it all

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.