Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dialarc 250 installing remote rf-10 problem

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dialarc 250 installing remote rf-10 problem

Guys...i have a dialarc 250 that i bought new in 1982....my son i going to welding school so i figured i'd up date the machine a little. I purchased a rf-10 remote kit and a rhc-3 remote control. I played around with this install for four hours and found that the remote control was miss wired (i think).....here's my qustion.... I was under the impression that when the remote switch was thrown the "heat controls" would be independant of one another. But this is not the case. I find that the heat control on the the machine must be set about half way ..then the remote will "fine adjust" the heat up or down. As i look at the wiring diagram furnished with the rf-10 ...it seems that the heat rehostat on the machine is never out of the circuit. So it seems that this is the intent of the remote rehostat....am i correct? The miller wiring diagrams , to be kind, "suck"...are there any better diagrams if i would buy a shop manual?
    Circuit diagram that i have is ca-901 570-18
    thanks for your help
    denny k
Working...
X
Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.