Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

bamboo ladders are light, strong and safe to use around electricity

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bamboo ladders are light, strong and safe to use around electricity

What if a bee stung the guy holding the ladder on the lip? Or a fly flew up his nose?

Everything will be OK. Don't worry. They have their hard hats on!

Comment

Originally posted by weldonwelding View Post
      Everything will be OK. Don't worry. They have their hard hats on!
      Who needs fiberglass when bamboo is plentiful. I wonder what product or method they use to hold the ladder's rungs to the rails. I've seen where they use bamboo to build scaffolding on commercial high rises too. It's probably just as strong,light and spark proof as fiberglass.

Comment

Originally posted by tackit View Post
        I wonder what product or method they use to hold the ladder's rungs to the rails.
        Some use lashing made from palm tree leaves i saw it on Gilligans Island in '65 ...Bob

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
          Some use lashing made from palm tree leaves i saw it on Gilligans Island in '65 ...Bob
          Surely if it was strong enough to be used on Gilligans Island back in '65 then it is more than strong enough to pass the strictest OSHA standards today.

Comment

Looks like a Chinese acrobatic show. At first glance I thought "Dang, look at what that guy on the bottom is doing!" Then I look around and see the supervisor holding his chin, the police van to the right, and just the right height for the ladder too. Oh, oh. Now where is that policeman?

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
              Hey Bob, You know you are getting old when someone asks you that age old question: "Ginger or Maryanne? and you respond "Neither...Mrs. Howell!".

Comment

Originally posted by nocheepgas View Post
                Hey Bob, You know you are getting old when someone asks you that age old question: "Ginger or Maryanne? and you respond "Neither...Mrs. Howell!".
                Deff MaryAnne ...Bob

Comment

I've got no problem at all with the bamboo ladder, I'm well familiar with that amazing stuff. My fascination is with the Asian version of Clark Kent holding the ****ed thing! I wanna be him when I grow up....

Comment

Originally posted by tackit View Post
                    What if a bee stung the guy holding the ladder on the lip? Or a fly flew up his nose?
                    That's what the guy standing behind him is supposed to be preventing, he is also the safety coordinator.

Comment

Me...I'd say to NOT give the guy holding up the ladder WITH ANOTHER GUY ON IT up like that any crap.....He'd probably just pick you up and toss YOU over the building!! And then take the OSHA guy that came with you and toss him over right on top of you and THEN toss the horse you rode in one on top of the both of you.....all done with one hand while eating his lunch with chopsticks held in the other hand!!!!!!!

Comment

I have serious doubts about this photo. I don't think the guy on the bottom could hold anyone up like that for very long. However, look where the ladder crosses the little balcony/laundry rack. Are those white cords lashing it on?

Comment

Backup holders...

Look at the guy holding the ladder, and the two or more guys behind him in similar jackets (I'd say "khaki" colored, but that sounds like a cat hackin' up a hairball)... Anyway, I think those are the backup ladder holderuppers! Either that, or they have a bet on how long the guy can hold the ladder, and/or how high the other guy will bounce when he hits the ground!

OR, the guy holding his chin is thinking, "I don't like that guy very much anyway"... "Hey, how about you let ME hold that ladder???"

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.