Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

maxstar 150 stl trouble.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maxstar 150 stl trouble.

I was wondering I'd I could get someone to e-mail me a good picture of the inside wiring of a miller maxstar 150 stl I traded for this welder and outside cover, and both ends had been taken off to blow out and clean. I put both ends back on, but need a photo of how to plug all the wires back in. I don't want to hook them up wrong and fry it.

Can't you look at the diagram either in the manual or on the inside of the cover? You can download a manual at millerwelds.com under resources. If you can't get what you need from that... Let me know tomorrow and I will take the cover off mine and take some pics for you. Its about time it gets a good cleaning and waxing. I just tried meguires plastic and vinyl restorer on the plastic of a couple of my machines and then used rubbing compound and wax on the painted metal and they turned out great. Maguires is some really good stuff. They look new....q

Comment

Sounds more like the unit is roasted already. Who the heck is going to strip it right down to blow it out. Likely its a parts machine. Even if really there are no useable parts inside of it.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer:306085
        Sounds more like the unit is roasted already. Who the heck is going to strip it right down to blow it out. Likely its a parts machine. Even if really there are no useable parts inside of it.
        Me. I do it to all my tools/equipment. That's why my equipment outlasts other's equipment that gets neglected... and they still look new or like they did when I first got em. And just judging from your comment... are you saying its not even worth trying to put it back together?... he should just assume that its not usable because the cover is off?
        Last edited by weldonwelding; 04-17-2013, 10:14 AM.

Comment

If that is a late model maxstar, there is no reason to remove the cover to blow out.

I also believe that something more than just a reassembly is in order. I would send it out to a repair facility for diagnosis, and or proper reassembly.

Comment

Originally posted by shovelon:306090
            If that is a late model maxstar, there is no reason to remove the cover to blow out.

I also believe that something more than just a reassembly is in order. I would send it out to a repair facility for diagnosis, and or proper reassembly.
            Every time i pull the cover off of my maxstar it is very dusty inside. Since it is only two screws...why not. When you blow it out through the vent slots it really doesnt do much cause that part is boxed in separatly, so to actually clean it out u need to pull the cover.

Comment

Here are some pics. Of what it should look like
              Attached Files

Comment

Another
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by weldonwelding View Post
                  Every time i pull the cover off of my maxstar it is very dusty inside. Since it is only two screws...why not. When you blow it out through the vent slots it really doesnt do much cause that part is boxed in separatly, so to actually clean it out u need to pull the cover.
                  Yeah, you got me thinking about that. I may pull the cover off and see what is in there.

Anyhow this maxstar was pretty disassembled. More than a clean I imagine.

Comment

all i needed

pictures worked, hooked wires up same as in your picture. machine works perfect....

thanks weldonwelding!!!!!

Comment

Good to hear.. i really like my maxstar, its a nice little machine. Just out of curiosity how much did you give for it?

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.