Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help- Ranger 8 Died !

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help- Ranger 8 Died !

Cruizer, Help !

I was out on a job this morning, when the engine just died. ( Fuel Tank Full )
    I Took the gas line off the electronic fuel pump, & no gas was comming out when it was cranked.

So, can I take it off & clean it, or is it a sealed unit ?
    If it's shot where can I get another one ?

Ranger 8- Serial#- 10110 U1940808484

.........Norm

Onan, or Honda? doesn't matter much as neither had a electric fuel pump in that era. Now if it does, the power for it would have been routed through the oil pressure switch. So either the pump has crapped out, little oil in the engine, thus no oil pressure, or the wiring to the pump has come off.

Comment

Cruizer, It's a Kohler CH18S engine, 625 cc. - spec. 62514, ser.# 2422116047.
      It says electronic fiel pump on the side of it.
      Oil & filter change last week.

I don't see any loose wiring.

...........Norm

Comment

One of my old welders had that engine, I don't remember which welder but it had the same problem. I took the fuel pump off and apart then gently cleaned it with carb cleaner then put it back on and it worked fine.

Comment

Back to work !!!!!!!!

Weldon, Thanks. It's a sealed unit, No chance to take it apart as far as I can see.

I went to NAPA. auto parts, just to check if by chance I could get a universal electronic fuel pump, I lucked out, they had one. $82.50 after tax.

I installed it, & it fired right up first try !!!!!!!
          Now I can go back & finish the job I started today !

Back on the road again .

........Norm

Comment

OK, if that pump runs to the right side kohler cylinder head, then just take it out of the circuit Plumb around it, cut the wires to it. It's only there for priming the one in the head, and thats for real high altitudes.

Comment

Cruizer, See post above !
              I'm Not plumbing anything, It's been fixed- New fuel pump !

..........Norm

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.