Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mig issuse

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mig issuse

I have a Miller 35s and at times it runs fine and then it will just start to melt the wire as droplets. It will have a soft sound to it not a sizzle sound. I would say like the sound that if you started a piece of plastic on fire and the droplets of flaming balls of melting plastic dropping. I don't know if I made it clear or not, but.... Thanks,Tom

Check your ground clamp connection first, then your liner, drive roll, then start looking inside the machine. Pull the covers and check the selector switch contacts (clean and relube). The lugs on the back side of the front panel have a history of getting a little lose and arcing. Also, mig gun cable may have pulled out of its connection point, GA-20C gun?

Comment

I'll check the contacts and lugs. The liner and drive rollers are new. The gun is a Bernard

Thanks, Tom
      Last edited by concreteguy; 04-13-2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.