Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bobcat 97 225 nt

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobcat 97 225 nt

Just curious as why my welder kicks on high when i only plug in a drop light? The Lincoln's i have noticed doesn't do that. Also is there a way to fix or change that if possible?
    Attached Files

I would think at idle your hz and volts would be really low needs to be 60 hz and 120 volts for electric thus the engine is reeved up. Maybe the miller is more sensitive .
    Last edited by Kpack; 04-10-2013, 08:47 PM.

Comment

#1. You have a miller, the best machine on earth, which can't be compared to a lincoln. #2 what he said about the electricity.

Comment

I would check the Hz at full speed. I think it is supposed to be 62.5 at the 120vac receptacle.

Comment

If it were me I would turn the fine adjustment all the way up when using the outlets and always use the lowest course adjustment setting for a certain weld.

I believe the higher the amps used for welding the less amps available for powering things.

Never start or turn the machine off with anything plugged into it.

Wait until machine reaches full idle speed before plugging things into it.

Sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to be doing when it's called to make power at the outlets.
          Last edited by tackit; 04-11-2013, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tackit View Post
            Sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to be doing when it's called to make power at the outlets.
            Yep, that's it exactly, it's coming up to generator speed to make electrical power at the right hertz and voltage. You don't want to"fix or change" this feature or you will burn up motor operated tools that get plugged in if you forget to bring it up to speed before operating them. Leave it alone it is working properly as it should. The time to worry about it is when it DOESN'T come up to speed from idle when you need electrical power.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies it really helped me understand. No there is no comparison to Lincoln !!!!!!!!! I just used it as an example from other experiences as possible options. I love my 225 nt. It welds spectacular. I see me adding on a 12 vs extreme here real shortly. Just want to make sure it is running as it should. I do need to replace the tank seal it leaks when filled all the way up.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.