Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

hooking spool gun to TB

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hooking spool gun to TB

Just Curious what is involved with running my spool gun off my TB 302? The spool gun is a miller as well thanks

Thanks for asking this question. I also have a TB 302 and have often wondered what would be involved to hooking up a spool gun. I have an older Miller 185 spool gun, and most likely it will be too outdated to use with a TB............I will be watching this post for more information............thanks.

Comment

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...gun-chart.html
      Don't know if you can adapt other spool guns or not as i don't know enough about them. I too have a Spoolmate 185 and it looks like a 3035 don't know if its the same...Bob

Comment

Originally posted by rustymfg@hotmail.com View Post
        Just Curious what is involved with running my spool gun off my TB 302? The spool gun is a miller as well thanks
        What spool gun do you have?

Comment

You need a WC24 control 14 pin to TB and spool gun plug on the other end.
          http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...gun-chart.html

Comment

A wc-115 would allow you to hook a 30a or 15a to any power source including the tb

A spoolmatic 3 will direct connect to the tb

To properly answer the op, we need to know what kind of spoolgun you have

Comment

I expect that with the 185 spool gun you would need the SGA100C. I have a 185 that works with a SGA100C. I see that the 3035 is also used with the SGA100 so I suspect they are the same as the 185. That may also include the 3045 which I think is a 3035 with a heavier barrel(= higher duty cycle?). Compare the parts list and manuals of all three to verify. For the original poster yes, one would need to match the spool gun adapter to the spool gun, which is ......? -----Meltedmetal

Comment

hooking spool gun to TB

The one I have is a canox mini-mig 30 amp made by miller to my understanding hope this helps thanks for any input

Comment

I can run my 3035 off of my TB251 with my SGA100c, in fact I can run if off of any of my CC/CV machines with that box.

Comment

canox mini-mig 30 amp

Maybe a few pics of your spool gun would help someone identify it. I can't find much online about Canox equipment or that model. Is it 30 amp or is it a miller 30A painted red? 30 foot lead?--Meltedmetal

Comment

hooking spool gun to TB

Can't seem to get any pictures to add for me but I'm positive it's just a miller 30A with roughly a 25-30' lead I'm also ruinous with the adapter for the TB would that also work on a CST250?? I'm thinking about purchasing one for the tig side thanks if pictures are needed email me a rustymfg@hotmail.com and ill send pics that way thanks

Comment

Are you asking if you can use the spoolgun with the CST 250? Cause the CST 250 is CC and your spoolgun needs CV. Does "ruinous=curious" ? Auto correct can be so entertaining.-Meltedmetal

If your spoolgun is indeed a 30A miller then refer to the chart linked by aametalmaster and the post by W Welding.-Meltedmetal

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.