No announcement yet.

millermatic 211 w auto set porosity on auto set

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• millermatic 211 w auto set porosity on auto set

So I just bought this miller 211 mvp with auto set. I have never had an auto set before, but I have been getting porosity when using the auto set expecially when I first start the weld bead. When I use the manual settings I don't seem to have this problem. Am I doing something wrong so I am running .035 flux core (radnor branded),I weld in and outside my shop.and yes I am running the correct polarity (I tripple checked that.

Auto set is made for .023 or .030 solid wire only.

On the 211 its for .030 and .035 solid wire not fluxcore.
      MM140 AS
      375 Xstream
      Diversion 180
      Dynasty 200DX

Originally posted by Autobodytec View Post
        On the 211 its for .030 and .035 solid wire not fluxcore.
        This is correct.

That is what I was leaning towards, but was not sure. Thanks for the help

I have a 211 also and find the Autoset if used tends to be on the hot side....
            Roger Troue

Retired since 2004

Miller 211
            Miller 200 Syncro
            Miller 375 Extreme

I also have a Miller 211, and have found the "Autoset" to be right on or VERY close to right on sometimes, but usually is just far enough off so that I will use the manual settings for most welding after giving it a shot or two on a piece of scrap (hopefully a piece left over after making whatever I am about to weld on). That doesn't surprise me, though, as the machine just CAN NOT be always right on for every welding situation/material/weldor/wire/whatever....and there are a LOT of "whatevers" encountered every day by weldors!!

Even though the M211 has an "MVP" function/plug, I have never really used it on 110V as the thing works pretty danged well on 230V.

Oh, yeah...the aluminum thing in the picture is a drink holder...made big enough to hold most drinks and accommodate a insulator around the drink, too.
              Attached Files
              Don J
              Reno, NV

Never pick a fight with an old guy. Old guys are too smart to fight and get hurt. They'll just kill you and get it over with.