Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Got My Diversion 180

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Got My Diversion 180

And I must say it seems to be a well built machine. Just the basic turn on & weld. No stick welding with it which is fine. Ran a few beads with it & it's a pretty smooth running machine. Even on the 110 side welded some 1/8" maxed out & dropped a few really nice beads with it. Haven't got to try aluminum with it yet. For those who don't know the foot pedal is really small. Kinda threw me off a little. Its very lightweight. Went to pull it out of the box & was geared up for it to be a little heavier and **** near threw it through the ceiling lol. Just wanted to give my opinion as its a well put together package.

I almost bought one but I didn't like the leads built into it. I would alter it as soon as I got it if there is any way possible...?

Comment

Originally posted by weldonwelding View Post
      I almost bought one but I didn't like the leads built into it. I would alter it as soon as I got it if there is any way possible...?
      You can change the torch. Look on YouTube at Diversion 180 modification. I did see on Millers site they sell an adapter plug to hook up the bigger foot pedal. I love how light it is. Its gonna go on a lot of trips to the local marina. Can't wait.

Comment

Just Got My Diversion 180

I have a super flex cable on my diversion 165 with a CK 17 and CK9 torch. I was not a fan of the hand controls that mine came with.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.