Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

what grade of gasoline recommended?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what grade of gasoline recommended?

New bobcat with kohler 23hp. Regular, mid grade or?

Did it come with a Kohler owners manual? It should be in there or I would call Kohler and talk to them. All gas today contains some alcohol so I wouldn't let it set in the machine to long.
    Last edited by tackit; 04-01-2013, 07:35 AM.

Comment

I run high grade in my 2011 model - try to get it somewhere that dont have alot
      of stuff in it

Comment

Everywhere around here is 10% ethanol. Used to be up until about a year ago you could go to Maryland just 10 minutes away and get clean gas but now its 10% too. I was thinking mid grade but I was also thinking too much octane would make it run hot. I'm gonna look in my manual when I get home

Comment

I wonder if the engine welders do well with fuel stabilizer additives? I've heard they help prevent some of the carb issues if fuel with ethanol sits in a carb too long.

Comment

With my old welders I always put a little Lucas fuel treatment in the gas. They all still run pretty good so I guess it doesn't hurt

Comment

We run regular with sta-bil year round in the 250 Bobcat and 302 Trailblazers. No issues .

Comment

Originally posted by weldonwelding View Post
                With my old welders I always put a little Lucas fuel treatment in the gas. They all still run pretty good so I guess it doesn't hurt
                Lucas is good stuff by this fuel additive chart. intresting info on fuel additives.

http://fueltestkit.com/is_gas_additi..._e10_list.html

Comment

Originally posted by weldonwelding View Post
                  Everywhere around here is 10% ethanol. Used to be up until about a year ago you could go to Maryland just 10 minutes away and get clean gas but now its 10% too. I was thinking mid grade but I was also thinking too much octane would make it run hot. I'm gonna look in my manual when I get home
                  Octane rating has zero correlation to engine or combustion temps. It's purely a measurement of knock resistance. I would run what the manufacture recommends.
                  Last edited by Cgotto6; 04-01-2013, 03:02 PM.

Comment

When all else fails read your manual, says 87 octane minimum. Gas up to 10% ethyl alcohol, 90% unleaded is acceptable, E15,20&85 should not be used.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.