Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suitcase 12VS feed speed problem

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suitcase 12VS feed speed problem

Hi everyone i just picked up a Miller Suitcase 12vs and i am having problems with the wire feed speed it will go from 100 to 780 inches per minute in about an 1/8th of an inch of rotation in the knob i have taken it to a Miller rep. and they have told me the PC1 board needed to be replaced so i replaced it and still the same then i replaced the meter board also and still the same thing i have also replaced the "pot" and still nothing. i am at a loss please if anyone has info i am up for any ideas.
    Last edited by CNEwelding; 03-27-2013, 07:03 PM.

Ever think of taking it into a repair shop FIRST instead of replacing lots of useless parts. Because of this, perhaps someone else can help you.

Just out of curiousity, when you disconnect the gun trigger from the feeder, does the feeder adjust normally?

Comment

It was taken to a miller repair/sales representative first before anything was replaced they diagnosed it with needing a PC1 board only after that is when parts were replaced and it does it with or without gun attached and disconnected

Comment

A sales rep doesn't have a clue, A real service shop has a test board to see if your board is gone. So a Repair shop telling you that the board is shot, sounds kinda odd. Plus you would have been billed for that time.

Comment

It did go to a miller Repair shop and I was billed for the hour of diagnosis at $65 an hour

Comment

Buyer beware. Doesn't anyone take used equipment from a stranger for a test drive before they hand over large sums of money. This is about the third thread this week I've read where a buyer of used equipment has been taken. It's being sold for a reason is how I look at it.

Comment

I know the risk of buying used equipment I am not looking for criticism I am just trying to get a liyyle help as to what might be wrong

Comment

Just so its known the problem has been resolved

Comment

Originally posted by CNEwelding View Post
                  Just so its known the problem has been resolved
                  Well, What was the problem ?

.........Norm

Comment

the problem ended up being a problem with the rheostat/potentiometer the one on the original meter board was a 10k ohm pot i found the company that made the pot ordered one and replaced just that nothing so i ordered a whole new meter board didnt do anything i went to the electronics store and got a 5k ohm pot and it got better so i wet back and got a 250 ohm pot and installed it a perfecto working like a charm now.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.