Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wondering if I can get some help with something

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering if I can get some help with something

I am currently responsible for several robotic welding cells and I am having an issue with weld spatter I wonder if anybody has seen or knows of a suitable material for use as a physical spatter gaurd ? I need something that of course will hold up to heat but also remains flexible and is durable . The material I am using currently is a silicone based material and it simply melts over time due to the large amount of heat generated by the welding process I had thought about using braided tinned copper but I am hard pressed to find it bigger than 2 1/4 inches and I need 3 inch for my needs.

Could the splatter be caused by the type of gas you are using, wire, or something out of adjustment? Who sets up the robots, an experienced professional or someone who thinks he is?

Comment

Search for "copper braid pad". They are available in fairly large sizes.

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.