Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flash burn is a B

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash burn is a B

hey yall i have been a pipe welder/ tube welder for pushin 12 years i have been in some tight spots and had flash burn alot... im gonna let yall in on a secret if you dont already know!!! vicks vapor rub! put a little on your eye lids right before u go to sleep, it keeps your eyes watering and the worst burn will be gone in 2-3 hours. lemme know if you have to try it.

Originally posted by Waymack View Post
    hey yall i have been a pipe welder/ tube welder for pushin 12 years i have been in some tight spots and had flash burn alot... im gonna let yall in on a secret if you dont already know!!! vicks vapor rub! put a little on your eye lids right before u go to sleep, it keeps your eyes watering and the worst burn will be gone in 2-3 hours. lemme know if you have to try it.
    Dang son, you are going to go blind soon. I think you need to make some adjustments in your approach.

Vicks makes some sense though to keep them most.

Comment

Braver man than me. No way I'd put Vicks anywhere near my eyes. Mandatory safety glasses with sideshields and can't remember the last flash I had. The odd reflective burn on neck and ears from other welders in close quarters.

Comment

Flash burn is a B

well sometimes when your waded up in a ball in a tight spot u might accidently fire up a little soon before your lens is flipped from about 4 inches away... it sucks. or when tou got 8 welders jammed in a small area, it happens

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.