Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mig gauge

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mig gauge

Just purchased a 35 S welder and the gas line blew off at the regulator. I re-installed, this time with a clamp and then the other end blew off the solenoid end. I noticed that the gauge needle is buried and that's even with the knob turned all the way out. I figure the gauge is bad or am I adjusting it the wrong way. If the gauge is bad, where do I purchase a new one and what is the general setting of the gauge, for mig welding. Thanks, Tom

Clockwise increases pressure on my regulator. I run between 12-25 cfh depending what I'm doing.

Comment

That's what I do, but the pressure seems like its ready to burst. It also is leaking air out of the small holes on the front side of the gauge

Comment

Diaphragm is ruptured

Comment

New gauge then

Comment

Or rebuild it.

Comment

I didn't know they were re-buildable. I'll check into that tomorrow depending on how much a new one is. I don't want to put too much into a 1973 unit. It does work pretty well, well, as good as a novice welder can. Thanks for the input

Comment

Originally posted by concreteguy View Post
                I didn't know they were re-buildable. I'll check into that tomorrow depending on how much a new one is. I don't want to put too much into a 1973 unit. It does work pretty well, well, as good as a novice welder can. Thanks for the input

Check with your LWS, or try these guys. http://www.regulatortorchrepair.com/

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.