Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miller Welders View Post
    ttahoe1,

We do read every post on the Forums every day, but if you require a response from Miller, itís best to contact customer service directly. You can reach them by phone (920 734 9821) or email through the Contact form located here: http://www.millerwelds.com/service/contactus.html.

Although we do jump in on the Forums from time to time, their main purpose is to provide a place for members to connect with each other.
    Thank you for the reply. As mentioned a minute ago - apologies. I guess I was feeling lonely.

Comment

No harm done, especially after apologizing. I think members don't like when people come around here for one question and expect to get all of their answers immediately. This is a great resource, and we all want it to stick around for many more years to come. The search function if the forum works really well too. You may find good info on the gas engine in your bobcat, as that seems the most cost and time efficient route for you. Good luck getting it going!

Comment

I'm not a expert like these guys but I had a bobcat with the performer engine one time and if I was going to try something like you want to do I would go to somebody that works on welders I'm lucky I have a older man close to me I can get advise from or major work done and he keeps a lot of old welders for parts i read read this site for small repair and enjoyment

Comment

Our Engine Drive department wanted to reach out with this advice as well -

While Miller doesnít supply or sell rebuilding kits for engines, we would recommend referencing the following website or calling Cummins directly at 763-574-5000.

http://www.cumminsonan.com/

There is a lot of engineering and testing that goes into pairing generators to engines. One has to consider heating/cooling, vibrations, fuel delivery, fuel tanks, transportation, regulations, etc. There are too many dynamics here for us to make those recommendations. Sorry.

Comment

Oh I think it sounds like a great project.....if you're smart enuff to make it work!
            But I'm thinkin' that the taper on the crankshaft will pretty much stop you cold in your tracks. Unless your diesel has that taper as well.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
            Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
            MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
            Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
            Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
            Miller 30-A Spoolgun
            Miller WC-115-A
            Miller Spectrum 300
            Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
            Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

I don't see this working.

An engine driven welder must have the engine rpms at a precise speed otherwise weld output will suffer. Usually diesels spin at a much lower rpm than gasoline engines, therefore unless you spin the diesel at high rpms (which could be damaging, I don't know the rated rpms on that particular motor) then output will be substantially limited.

If you want to run something other than gasoline, there are companies that make propane conversion kits.

-Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Swimmerboy2112:305053
                I don't see this working.

An engine driven welder must have the engine rpms at a precise speed otherwise weld output will suffer. Usually diesels spin at a much lower rpm than gasoline engines, therefore unless you spin the diesel at high rpms (which could be damaging, I don't know the rated rpms on that particular motor) then output will be substantially limited.

If you want to run something other than gasoline, there are companies that make propane conversion kits.

-Brian
                This is what I was thinking when he first posted this thread. But I found out that the smaller diesel engine drives are a high speed diesel where the larger machines are low speed. They do also mention that the high speed diesel's do not have the long lifetime like the low speeds but do last longer than gas drives.

Comment

Originally posted by tttahoe1:304621
                  null
                  There is a miller certified shop around here (Seaford Delaware) called Warren electric. Look them up, call em and ask for big Mickey. This dude is an old timer that really knows his stuff about welders, he's been doing it a really long time. I guarantee he will show interest in what your doing and guide you in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by weldonwelding View Post
                    This is what I was thinking when he first posted this thread. But I found out that the smaller diesel engine drives are a high speed diesel where the larger machines are low speed. They do also mention that the high speed diesel's do not have the long lifetime like the low speeds but do last longer than gas drives.
                    Thats pretty interesting. I'd like to see him try this then. It would be a neat project. If it works, maybe I'll start looking for an engine drive with a bad motor lol

Comment

Working...
                    X