Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

MILLLER 200 VINTAGE is it any good

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MILLLER 200 VINTAGE is it any good

is the Miller 200 vintage mig welder a decent welder i know the miller matic 200 was a really good mig but i am not familiar with the vintage its a 2002 i can pick it up for $500 i cannot find much info on it at all

I believe the vintage is a copy of the Millermatic 200. They had so many people wishung they still made that model they reproduced it. That's what I heard anyway.

Comment

I thought they were a 250 vintage but regardless i wish i had bought that instead of the crummy 250x the dealer talked me into. I think they were a great machine should have a tapped transformer

Comment

can maybe get it with the tank for $500 not sure till tomorrow, i only seen a pic of the front of it but i found out he is only 9 miles from me he is not putting it on craigs till i look at, if its everything he says it is it will be more then likely riding home in the back of my truck tomorrow.....lol

Comment

Vintage is a 250 amp machine. I had a chance to buy a NOS one in 2004, but the dealer wouldn't come off list price, and I bought a MM210 from IOC instead. I wish I had driven over and tried to get him down.

Comment

Originally posted by chub380 View Post
            I thought they were a 250 vintage but regardless i wish i had bought that instead of the crummy 250x the dealer talked me into. I think they were a great machine should have a tapped transformer
            yes it is a tap, i have a hobart handler 187 now its a great welder but i need something with some more punch

Comment

cope

thats good to know the vintage is a good machine, i used a mm210 for 18 months i liked it if the vintage welds better then the mm210 i know i will like it

Comment

guy just called me i am gonna look at it tuesday nite will let ya know if i buy it

Comment

Originally posted by tedster View Post
                  guy just called me i am gonna look at it tuesday nite will let ya know if i buy it
                  Forgot to mention that you can download the manual for the Vintage here.

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o1311aa_mil.pdf

Good luck, if it is in decent shape, it's a good deal.

Comment

cope

i will find out tomorrow what its all about i did notice in the pic the power source cord that goes from the mig gun to the welder was not on the gun or welder nor did i see the flow meter on the bottle, wait and see whats up hopefully everything is ok

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.