Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wireless Remote Question

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Remote Question

I just bought the wireless hand control for my Trailblazer 302. I'll also be getting the wireless foot pedal for the tig torch.

Does each wireless device need it's own 14 pin receiver? Or can I just get the pedal and use the receiver I've already got with the hand control?

Thanks.

Wireless Remote Question

I would think they are paired together. They don't seem to have a code to switch for different sub frequency.
    Good question, hope someone has the real answer

Comment

I don't own one but, in the manual it tells you how to pair devices to receivers.So seeing that, would think you could have a pedal and a remote with one reciever.

Comment

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o246022c_mil.pdf see pages 14 and15
        Last edited by Amc724; 03-17-2013, 10:44 AM.

Comment

wireless control

Let me know how you like it. I have thought about getting one for a while now. Just hard to spend the money without knowing if I'll like it

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. After reading the manual, it appears that you can use one receiver for both transmitters. You would just have to make the receiver learn the new transmitter. Looks quick enough but would probable become a hassle in the field.

My bigger worry now is....... Page 8 of the manual shows the compatibility chart. The chart shows the foot pedal doesn't work with the Trailblazer. I hope that's a typo.
            Last edited by kvwall; 03-18-2013, 07:05 AM. Reason: Changed page number

Comment

i had one for my pro300 and was not impressed. on my machine i lost 20% of my amp range. set my machine at 300 amp. turn my remote up and when it got to 80% i would already be at 300 amp. i got it replaced with another miller wireless. set at 300 amp, turn up the remote and i would hit about 80% the machine would show about 270-280 amps.the last 20% on the remote the amps on the machine would not move. so i returned that one as well.my lws inquired why they both worked improperly, miller said that was how they worked on the pro300. for $1000 they could afford to program the remotes for the different classes of their machines i would think. to top it off i got stuck with the restocking charge for the second remote. my rant for the morning.

Comment

I just got an email from Miller stating the wireless foot pedal won't work on the Trailblazer. Seriously? So am I stuck with lift arc for Tig?

Comment

Originally posted by kvwall View Post
                  I just got an email from Miller stating the wireless foot pedal won't work on the Trailblazer. Seriously? So am I stuck with lift arc for Tig?
                  You were stuck with lift arc anyway, unless you got a high frequency box.You could always get a corded foot pedal w/ a long extension remote cableHope I don't break the TOS here but on the welding web a guy jas a long remote cable for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Amc724 View Post
                    You were stuck with lift arc anyway, unless you got a high frequency box.You could always get a corded foot pedal w/ a long extension remote cableHope I don't break the TOS here but on the welding web a guy jas a long remote cable for sale
                    Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.