No announcement yet.

Engine driven welder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a used machine is the route you plan on going, look for a bobcat 225 or 250 with less than 500 hours and make sure it is fully enclosed (means its newer), but before you buy, check with usIf you end up not using it a lot, And you get a good deal, you might could sell it for what you have in it after you move.

Comment

look for a good 250 bobcat. i have power to my shop but don't really use it for nuthing other than my radio and hot box my bobcat is my main welding machine so i just use it to run grinders saws and just about everything else in the shop when i'm in there . it keeps the power bill down and at the end of the day or job i know how much to charge for the job. most times i can run for two or 3 days on a tank of gas before i top it off.the plus side of the gas driven welder is down the road if you get into doing road jobs and such you will already have the biggest part of the investment and thats a gas driven welder not to mention a great power source for your home if a storm ever knocks out the power.

Comment

The bobcat 250 seems to be perfect for what I need it for. I do some repairs for a local cemetary so to be able to do the job out in the field insted of having to rely on the shops power is a plus. I do weld on some heavy equipment so I would like to have all the juice I can afford.

Comment

If it was humanly possible would be running a wire from house to shed. This genset will get old fast. Expensive to operate too.

Comment

Working...
          X