Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another reason for loving my LWS

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another reason for loving my LWS

I'll be 65 yrs old this summer, boomer I be.

One of the advantages of the boomer thing is there is now enough of us out there to be a market for the sharper types to prey upon.

I've always hated safety glasses. And I have been having to use reading glasses for many years now, double doggone darn etc and so on.

My LWS has carried the ultimate product for men like myself for a couple of years now, safety glasses with built in readers, handier than a pocket on a shirt. I have the lanyard thing on them and carry them on my baseball cap, Garland Welding Supply Cap. When I need to use the phone or use the grinder down they come and I can see AND have eye protection.

Every now and then I will be at a box store and see a working man with his reading glasses looking consumables us welders use. I smile, if only he knew.

Here's a video where you can see what I'm talking about. http://changestreammedia.org/2012/11...vetiver-roots/

Yeah... I dunno what kinda welding your doing but if I had a pair of glasses hanging round my neck they would last a good 5 mins. Maybe good for reading your paper at the beach

Comment

Working...
    X
    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.