Maxstar 200

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxstar 200

I've been looking at ditching my cst lately in favor of a engine drive, but when I was browsing neighboring craigslist ads I found a maxstar200dx for sale. Comes with a foot pedal, big bottle of argon (full), cheapie hf cart, diamondback torch, a little filler and cups and such. Guy has reduced his price down to $1800 for the and assured me this was his bottom dollar. He claims 11 hours and ~100 arc strikes.

Serial: LB146614
    Stock: 903701-01-1

Can someone look up the service history on this and see if there were any warranty claims? Serial puts it built between jan and july of 2001. I don't know the maintenance history on this machine but I do know that it lived in the hot desert SW if that makes a difference for longevity.
    MillerMatic 251
    Maxstar 150 STH
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Elvis,
    A search of our data base shows the unit was sold and shipped from the factory on 5/25/2001. No record of any service within the 3 year warranty period. If you download the Owners manual online, section 4-19 will walk you through the procedure that will display the arc timer and counter. I hope this helps. Dave.
    Dave Malliet
    Applications Tech
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Comment

Thanks Dave. Looks like an older machine but the hours seem to be low. I'll verify myself with the manual section you posted.

-Nathan
      MillerMatic 251
      Maxstar 150 STH
      Cutmaster 42
      Victor Journeyman OA

Comment

Why ditch your 280 in favour of a max 200, your not getting any further ahead, other than the split second of HF of arc start. Your 280 has lift start which is pretty sweet on a Miller.

Comment

Just looking at my options. Its 1800 for a lightly used machine with big bottle and pedal and few other odds and ends. I only have single phase and I do very little stick. Mostly mig and a little tig. I just wish I could swing a dynasty...
          MillerMatic 251
          Maxstar 150 STH
          Cutmaster 42
          Victor Journeyman OA

Comment

Working...
          X