Tb 302 rpm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tb 302 rpm

I have had my TB302 for several years and it runs and welds great but after reading several post on here I bought a multimeter with a Hz. scale on it and thought I would check the RPM by the Hz as recommended on here.

When I plug it in to the outlets on the welder it jumps around so much you can't tell what it's reading. When I plug it into an outlet in the shop it shows a steady 59.9.

What am I doing wrong?

Guess I wont worry to much about as it runs and welds great as is, but just curious.
    Trailblazer 302
    Lincoln SP-135-T
    Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
    Smith torch
    Spoolmatic 30A

your doing it correct, whats happening is that you have no smoothing function on your meter,

Comment

Tb 302 rpm

To get a good Hz reading you need a decent multimeter. Cruzier stated you need a smoothing feature or graphing function.
      Never Satisfied

Millermatic 211
      Maxstar 150STL
      Metabos
      Kennedy Maintenance Pro Full
      Makita Cordless 18v Li-Ion
      Stihl TS 420

Timfrank88@live.com

Comment

Ok guys any recommendations on brand or dealer to locate the meter that has the "smoothing" feature? I've spent a couple of hours on the web looking at meters and none of them have that feature described in the specifications?

That is if I can return this one and get my money back.
        Trailblazer 302
        Lincoln SP-135-T
        Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
        Smith torch
        Spoolmatic 30A

Comment

All flukes do. all the same though, why not just meter in your machine as close as you can get it.

Comment

That's what I've done in the past and I guess continue to do, set it by display to 3.750 RPM.
            Trailblazer 302
            Lincoln SP-135-T
            Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
            Smith torch
            Spoolmatic 30A

Comment

Working...
            X