Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

2507 stainless question

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2507 stainless question

What is the best technique for pulse mig welding this metal on 5/16" thick material. Thanks

2507 stainless question

I got a job welding this at my work I'm welding on a miller 350p with er2594 .035 wire

Comment

pluse arc

i don't care a lot for pluse arc. i been in the industry a long time. turn up your volts and speed and with the thickness in stainless steel your useing,go for it.

Comment

Welding 2507 Super Duplex

Contact the material supplier, perhaps they have the information you need, other then that do a search for 2507 data sheet. For example Outokumpu has a good one.

Comment

Control your pre-heat and interpass temperatures. Duplex stainless steels need an interpass temp between 250F and 300F. The specific temperature depends on the grade of stainless and the filler metal used. Too high an interpass temp can degrade the corrosion resistance.

If you're welding pipe you need good back purge procedures. Heat tint on the inside of teh pipe root from oxidation can also compromise the corrosion resistance.

Check with Outokompu, or your metal supplier for recommendations on welding this specific alloy.

Originally posted by imtgw1a View Post
          What is the best technique for pulse mig welding this metal on 5/16" thick material. Thanks

Comment

2507 stainless question

This metal doesn't weld good at all. After welding on it now for a couple days starting to get the hang of it. Really gotta control your work angle and travel speed for it to lay in the joint the way the company wants it to. the parts are for a power plant and the company is **** as **** on how it's to be done , but Inspector came in and said they are good to go.

Comment

stainless

In England for MIG welding stainless we use gas with a helium content in it

Comment

Not sure what pulse welder power source your using.........but I weld 2205 duplex all the time at work building pressure vessels. I use a pipeworx 400 with either Tri-A or Tri-H gas......you have to set your arc control a lil high to get your puddle to flow out properly. Or you can use 98-2 O2 spray arc gas in a pinch but it looks like ****. Duplex is tricky to pulse......because the puddle isnt very defined......its kinda a mix of spray arc and globular transfer rolled into one. But once you figure it out.......it will pass RT everytime. Good luck!

Comment

2507 stainless question

I'm using he25 gas. I turned up the arc control up and it is laying in there a little better.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.