Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

XMT 350 Pulsed?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XMT 350 Pulsed?

Hello friends,
    I have a XMT 350 CC/CV where at "Front Panel Controls" there is a option "Pulsed MIG", if I to buy the Wire Feeder S-74 Mpa plus, He will pulsates?

And with the S64M ?

Thank you.
    Thiago from Brazil!

A S-74mpa, is supposed to run with a XMT 350mpa power source, The 74M is supposed to run with a XMT 300. The XMT350 needs the likes of a Optima pulse control for it to work

Comment

Thank you Cruizer,

When for my XMT 350 CC/CV to pulse Should I buy that Wire feeder(Head)?

Comment

You need to stick a optima controler in between the machine and the feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiago Farias View Post
          Thank you Cruizer,

When for my XMT 350 CC/CV to pulse Should I buy that Wire feeder(Head)?
          If the emphasis is on the 74M wirefeeder, the answer is, not necessarily, You could even use a 22A. Most of the Miller wirefeeders between these two models would work. The Optima controller modulates the output of the XMT 350 cc/cv power source independently of the wirefeeder, but passed though the wirefeeder. If the 74M is the one you like, go for it.

Comment

Perfect, now I understand the you said. I didn't know of the existence of Optima, This is really cool. The Optima is like the panel of the "Invision 456MP". Thank you very much!

Comment

The 74M, is kinda crabby to work with, almost need a technical degree to figure out all the settings. Thats why I didn't suggest it. The Opima is easy, set it and forget it.

Comment

Actually I'm a technical of the Miller I work in maintenance and the S- 74 Mpa plus I know well, but I never put with xmt 350 CC/CV, I'll do it.

P.S. Sorry For My Bad English, I don't speak English, So I write a lot wrong.

Comment

No the mpa feeders only works with the xmt 350 mpa units.

Comment

Yes really. Today I did tests with a "XMT350 CC/CV" and a feeder S74 MPa, really no worked in "Pulsed MIG". I saw two principais diferences

1st- When set "Pulsed MIG" between the sokets of the remote 14 receptacle soket H to G don't have voltage (Voltage feedback; +1 volt DC per 10 output receptacle volts).

2nd- The XMT350 cc/cv don't using the sokets L and N (Wirefeed speed command, 0 to +10 volts DC output signal from wire feeder) and the soket M (CC/CV Select; 0 to +10 volts DC)

Because of this the feeder don't show Voltage, show just wire speed and don't have Weld Output.

Comment

Can you say OPTIMA, think I said that before. I though maybe a 64M might work, but it would be a bit of a hassle.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.