No announcement yet.

Aluminum welding setup for Millermatic Vintage???

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum welding setup for Millermatic Vintage???

Hello,I have a Millermatic Vintage mig welder. I want to be able to weld aluminum.It is not something I will do very often but just from time to time.I need to know what is my best way to go here and what all I need to set my welder up for this.I think i need a Spoolmatic 30a feeder and a wc-24 control box.That's a pretty expensive set up if I am correct.Or should I sell that welder and buy one already made for a spoolgun?
    I work in a bodyshop and most of my welding is light duty.(just some fyi)

A machine that is already setup for aluminum, basically just has the WC-24 already inside of it.

You'd still need the 30A spool gun. sooooo, since you already have a machine, best just to get the WC-24, and the spoolgun. Overall it'll be much cheaper to use the equipment you already have....

You have a choice of 3 spoolguns for that machine and you just need the gun of your choice and the 10 pin module.
      Millermatic® 250/Vintage All Serial Numbers Spoolmatic® 15A, Spoolmatic® 30A
      Spoolmate™ 200 Series and the 10-Pin Module #043084 ...Bob
      Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.

Thanks for the info. Now i just have to search around and see if I can find a good deal on those parts.